Azoic review by Specimen

Specimen: Azoic

The Specimen are/were a gothic/glam band. Their appearance leaned more towards the gothic side while their music leaned more towards glam. I believe their singer, Ollie Wisdom, owned a club called the Batcave where the likes of The Cure, Siouxsie And The Banshees, and Alien Sex Fiend would hang out and party. Some of the songs sound like music for some bad 80's horror films. Jonny Slut the keyboard player was the pretty boy in the band. You would have to see him to understand what I am talking about. Ha-ha!

I really think though they dressed up like gothic rockers, their hearts belonged to glam. Like David Bowie or T.Rex glam with a harder edge. The music features some cool guitar riffs provided by future Banshee Jon Klein. Check out the riff in "Dead Man's Autochop" or "Beauty Of Poison". Or the opening acoustic riff for "Returning From A Journey". Ollie Wisdom is not the greatest singer in the world but it works for these guys.

They never really made a proper album so I had to get a compilation album to hear what exactly they sound like. It is a real rocker! My favorite songs are "Returning From A Journey", "Beauty Of Poison" and "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" which is their "hit". I don't really have anything bad to say about it. I don't play it that often and it isn't anything to play loud to scare off kids on Halloween but it is still cool. If it were stolen, well, I would be curious as to why cause not a lot of people have heard of them anyway.