The Unlikely, Yet Inseperable Bodyguard. review by Squawking Ducks

The sound of the Squawking Ducks' newest - 3rd - release easily exceeds that of Pots of Smoke, or Time Is Up. The sound of The Unlikely, Yet Inseperable Bodyguard is low quality in the area of recording, but everything else is innovative, over-the-top, and humorous. The tracks tend to rely heavily on keyboards and distorted guitar to create the unique sound of the Ducks, setting them far apart from any other artist I've heard. I must also mention the diversity of this album - Everything from country ("Mulloon") to techno/dance (an exclusive remix of "Racinette") to slow, meaningful acoustic rock ("Love Story From Hell"). Another innovation that the duo presents is their covers, reworked to suit their unique, and often eccentric style. It is clear, that in terms of sound, the Squawking Ducks have outdone themselves again.

The lyrics of the Squawking Ducks have always been different, and they continue that way on Bodyguard. Many are improvised, some are original works, and some are re-worked from existing lyrics by the band. It is this diversity that impresses me most, alongside that of the styles of music the band ranges. The songs tend to keep coming back to the same subject matter, but often wander in many different, previously unexplored directions. The singer skills are not perfect, and pseudo-metal songs like "The Pharoh (Let Israel Go)" and "In the Beginning", the Squawking Ducks' two female vocalists seem to have to wrestle with their screaming abilities. But I think this is outweighed by everything else that falls into this category, so in my books, The Unlikely, Yet Inseperable Bodyguard gets a 5.

To compare this album to albums by other artists would be like proverbially comparing apples to oranges. The Squawking Ducks continue to provide a fresh, unique sound, combined with often humorous lyrics and tons of surprises. This release certainly has something for everyone, no matter what kind of music one enjoys - No lie, this duo does everything. I believe this album is worth every red cent, and if I lost it, I would definately pick up another copy. My favorite songs are "The Pharoh (Let Israel Go)", "The Acid Trip Song (The Crusted Lands of Heart and Soul) AKA Seasons in Hell", "Junebugs", and "Racinette". I can't say that I dislike anything about theis album. I think everyone should listen to the Squawking Ducks - They are a truly one of a kind music experience to be reckoned with, and The Unlikely, Yet Inseperable Bodyguard is their best album yet.