The Unlikely, Yet Inseperable Bodyguard. review by Squawking Ducks

I must say that the Squawking Ducks have quite an interesting array of different sounds. Ranging from country, to thrash metal, to rap and back, they are truly unique. In all my years, I have never heard such precise and beautiful music. Precise and beautiful as in it puts my mind at ease. Even though they lack in good recording quality, I think it adds to the sheer uniqueness and freshness of the Ducks. They are truly an underground, non-mainstream, original band as they evade the cliche of making music with proper recoring equipment. Rebelling against the mainstream recording practices, the Squawking Ducks are paving themselves a path fame.

The lyrics are simply astounding; the Ducks are literature geniuses. Their words speak to me deep within my soul, and they prove to be quite diverse and original. In "Love story from Hell" they speak of death, love, tragedy, and Hell in such a casual, perverse, humorous and tragic way that I am flooded with emotions when I listen to it. "Well we'll sing about a guy, his name was Jefferson/It was a long time ago, when Jefferson was hit by a westbound truck. /But we won't sing about him, 'cause that's too depressing". These lyrics; speaking of death in such a blunt, yet beautiful way that it hurts. And the casualness of them stating it is too depressing to sing about really let me know how original these artists are. They obviously feel for Jefferson. Love story from Hell is a gem, full of deep words. Another one of my favorite lyrics is the closing of Racinette (Le Faguette). It is rather the way the lyrics are sung as opposed to the actual lyrics themselves: "Ohhhh my god, girlfriends." The emotion that she invokes into this line astounds me every time. Overall, the lyrics are incredible. Deep and feeling, humorous and sickening. As for the vocal skills of the two female singers of the Ducks, they are quite original. Although they do not possess the vocal skills of Christina Alguilara or Maddonna, and seem to struggle at times with their singing, it is all a part of their original, not conforming sound.

This is incomparable to any other artist, band or CD. It is way ahead of everything in it's league. In fact, the Squawking Ducks are in their own league; the league of Extrordinary Music Makers. The Ducks make new meaning for the words "good music." Some of the most impressive songs off The Unlikely, Yet Inseperable Bodyguard are Racinette (Gay Soul Remix), Junebugs 4 Lyfe, Mulloon, The Pink Razor, and The Pharoh (Let Isreal Go). I love this album. I can honestly say that there is not one thing that I dislike about this CD, maybe other than the fact that I wish there were more songs on it.