14 Shades of Grey review by Staind

• Released: May 19, 2003
Staind: 14 Shades of Grey

Aarons lyrics are always deep and thought provoking. Usually in the earlier staind albums he sings about how fucked his life has been. Which I love because I love songs with alot of emotion. In this album he doesn't as much which proves in his songwriting he writes from his heart, like in Tormented his lyrics were angry and he sang about ending his own life. In Dysfunction they were also angry talking about his family and how thing were fucked up at his home. In break the cycle he sang about stuff like world destruction and about how some kids mom ask him how to help her kids problems and It also has a Love Song (Its been awhile) Then in 14 shades of grey you see that he writes from his heart because in Zoe Jane he writes how much he care about his daughter and you can tell how much his life has gotten better since he has a wife that he love and a daughter that he loves. He has nothing bad in his life to write about. That why I love Aaron Lewis's songwriting because he writes from the heart.

I think if you are a fan of great songwriting and love Aaron Lewis's voice you will love this album. I would most likely buy this album again if it got stolen.