14 Shades of Grey review by Staind

• Released: May 19, 2003
Staind: 14 Shades of Grey

Given that I listen to alot of heavy metal, this was a break, and it was worth it. Although it's basically all slow music, it's actually very good. Price To Play, How About You, So Far Away, Yesterday, Fray, Zoe Jane, and Fill Me Up are the only good songs on the album, but's that's what I think. The music is very easy to get attached to. The acoustic (I think) is very skillfully exploited, and it seems as if the bass is guiding it. Try turning the bass off on your computer and listen to it. The bass is very importatnt as you can see.

Aaron is an incredible singer, and the lyrics prove that. It sounds like there is a meaning to the songs because of the lyrics. And since I listen to mostly metal, my dad has grown to hate most of the bands, Staind has become the halfway point. I would say to improve, try adding less slow songs to the next CD.

Staind is one of those rare bands that actually sounds like they can play their instruments (Fall Out Boy, I'm looking at you). I have now devoloped a need to listen to it everday day. Though it's a little on the slow side, 45% of it is trash, the ones that are good are awseome. Definatly by it if it was stolen.

Maggotkiller
    I was really looking forward to this album because staind is one of my favorite bands EVER. But then I bought this c.d and it was nothing more than crap!! IMO their best c.d is CHAPTER V!!!!!