Break the Cycle review by Staind

• Released: May 21, 2001
Staind: Break the Cycle

When I burned this CD off my mom, I was blown away by the 1st 4 songs. Just in those 4 songs, like in "Open Your Eyes" for example, the beginning strikes you as a slower song, but about 10 seconds into the song it just blows up in your face, pow! full-on distortion and heavy riffs. The whole CD varys with the song, though. I'd have to say the most oragnized and best sounding song would have to be "Epiphany", because they use a whole bunch of different kinds of guitar and studio effects. The only down sid eot this is that the bass player is hearly ever heard, but thats alright, Johnny April is still a great bass player! Staind in this album combine emotion, mind blowing lyrics and guitar playing, and energetic and spunky drums and bass.

When I heard the lyrics to Epiphany. I was blown away, the chorus alone gives u a picture of what this man has been through. When I heard that song I was almost knocked off my feet. The words "Cause its always raining in my head. Forget all the things I should have said..." just lets you reach out and touch Aaron Lewis' pain. The lyrrics on the whole CD are great, though. Many heart felt and painful lyrics, each song can be related to by people who have gone through similar situations, or if you are just all around pissed off. Mike Mushok's guitar playing also goes perfectly with Aaron Lewis' voice.

This album. Wow. Words can not describe the greatness of this album. The best songs on this CD are Fade,It's Been Awhile, Can't Believe, Epiphnay, and Waste. With Epiphany being my personal favorite. If I lost this album I'd just copy it onto a blank CD(all the CDs I like are loaded I not my computer hehe), but I'd have to say this is definatly worth buying. If I could only say one word to describe what I think about this CD it would have to be.

Spiritweaver
    This whole album is fantastic, one of the few that I can actually listen to the whole way through (multiple times in fact). Just... wow.