Chapter V review by Staind

• Released: Aug 9, 2005
Staind: Chapter V

One of stainds better sounding albums that I've heard. Definitly an improvment over 14 Shades which I never really liked except for 2 songs (guess which ones). This album has a rare occurance on it where Mike Mushok actually solos (and is pretty good at it too). Great sounding album and some of stainds best music overall.

Arron Lewis is one of the better songwriters of his genre and frankly I'm impressed with the amount hes cutdown on the swearing (not that I really minded it). The songs are as follows: 01. Run Away - 4/5. 02. Right Here - 1st radio single 5/5 (personal fav # 4). 03. Paper Jesus - cool track, one of the harder songs on the album 4.5/5. 04. Schizophrenic Conversations - another cool track with some decent lyrics, one of the 2 songs with any profainity 4.5/5. 05. Falling - 2nd radio single. Decent track but not one of my favs, but doesn't stop me from listening 4/5. 06. Cross To Bear - 3rd fav on the album. Another hard track with kinda depressing, typical arron lewis lyrics. I still likes it 5/5. 07. Devil - not one of my favs again, but still a pretty good track. Sounds sorta depressing in my opinion but most of Staind's music is, so what are ya gonna do? 4/5. 08. Please - fav track on this album, only other song with any profainity and some really good lyrics by Arron. Impressive to say the least 5/5. 09. Everything Changes - awesome song, and one of 2 with a solo by Mike Mushok which is really good considering he doesn't solo a whole lot on any other albums (if at all). Again, great lyrics 4.5/5. 10. Take This - didn't really get into this one, still some decent work by Arron 3.5/5. 11. King Of All Excuses - only song on album with Arron screaming into the mic. Pretty cool track 4/5. 12. Reply - 2nd fav on album, and 2nd song where Mike solos (best solo in my opinion), and yet again Arron did great with the lyrics 5/5. Overall the lyrics were great, Arron Lewis is one of the great ones.

This album doesn't compare with some of my other fav artists(Metallica, SOAD) but it's still great work by Staind. I feel I can listen to this album from track 1 to track 12 without stopping, and I don't own many albums where I can do that. If lost or stolen, well see my review for Metallica's "Ride The Lightning" and you'll see what I'll do to any thief who even considers thinking about robbing me of my music. 5/5 excellent work guys, keep it up!