Chapter V review by Staind

• Released: Aug 9, 2005
Staind: Chapter V

This is one of the best work of the band. They put all their feelings in the album and the music is perfectly merged to the words. I think Staind created their own kind of music, a sort of ballads with a mix of electric and acousstic sounds called (by me) melancholy rock. Three songs are perfect example of their style: "Paper Jesus" starts very strongly but at the end 30 seconds are too slow to underline words in it. The other is the couple "Everything Changes" and "Take This" a perfect sequence the reflect my impressions.

Lyrics made by Staind are too introspective and maybe misunderstood but reflect feelings and emotions that sometimes are unexplainable. Best lyric is "Schizophrenic Conversations" in which a person is struggled by his blame and begin a schizophrenic conversation with himself.

This album is obviously similar to the others by the style of the music, but the lyrics are more mature than Break The Cycle and 14 Shades Of Gray. Their way of making music is a sort of post-grunge. They differ especially in one thing: while Cobain explained his angry against the world, screaming his chorus, Lewis keep the same voice tone despite the increasing of guitar strenght in chorus. It means that personal feelings are the only important things in life and all the rest flow around us.