Chapter V review by Staind

• Released: Aug 9, 2005
Staind: Chapter V

When I purchased this NEW Staind CD I had the highest expectations. As I had grown to love their music and it actully inspires my own personal song writing. This CD I believe does not match 14 shades of grey or Break the Cycle, well lets face it, those albums wear really deep and expressive. But this particular Album, showed me a evolving Staind. From their first Album Tormented they have been chaning their music and I believe it's changing for the better! This new cd's sound focus on a rather 'softer' side rather then the likes of the songs 'MudShovel' and 'Price To Play' although don't get me wrong, there are still some heavy songs, but I see more of a slow side in this CD!

What have I come to expect from Aaron Lewis Lyrics? I have come to expect nothing but Beautiful, flowing and emotinoal lyrics (not emo). I first heard 'Zoe Jane' and was mesmarised by it. Do any of their new songs do the same for me? 01. Run Away - a Heavier song on the album. Not one of my favorites but still a decent listen to. 02. Right Here - the 'title' track. This song flows perfectly, perticuly the chorus. As most of Stainds songs do they build into a massive bridge and chorus. I particuly like the line 'I've got some imperfections But how can you collect them all and throw them in my face'. 03. Paper Jesus - I am personally not a big fan of this song! It seems like they are trying to accomplish what they had in their older songs. But in saying that, the lyrics don't not fail. 04. Schizophrenic Conversations - my favorite song off the album! Although some imperfections can be seen within the song, the lyrics are amazing! I don't know how Aaron fit all the lyrics in the bridge in, but he did perfectly! 05. Falling - honestly, this song is quite good, lyrically! I believe that Aaron never really fails in the lyric department, and this song just proves it! Lyrics can change the whole song! 06. Cross To Bear - I have to be honest, I have never really payed much attention to this song. The lyrics to me are Aarons worst and the song doesnt't do much for Staind. Sorry! 07. Devil - I like this song. One of the better 'heavier' songs on the album. Not much wrong with this song. 08. Please - amazing! My second favorite song, mainly due to the lyric aspect, but the music is also quite amazing and goes perfect with the lyrics! I really do like the last chorus of the song! Also the line Tell me please, Who the f--k did you want me to be? Was it something that I couldn't see? 09. Everything Changes - Very much the same as 'Right Here' nothing stands out incredibly in this song. Although I do love the lyrics and emotion shines throughout Aaron' voice. 10. Take This - I love it! This song, I think is the most emotional song on the whole cd! It reminds me a lot of the song 'Zoe Jane' and I think the music is beautifully written for the lyrics. A unforgetable chorus! 11. King Of All Excuses - my favorite of the heavy songs on the album! Great lyrics! Great music! a Great song. 12. Reply - this song for me, reminds me of 'outside' but not the level of it. A good finish to the album. Not much wrong with this song! Overall Aaron hits everything right and never ceases to amaze me. But, this band is not just Aaron, so credit must go to the remainder of the band who formed nicely in this CD.

Well it is always going to be hard for Staind to live up to 'It's Been A While' 'Outside' and 'So Far Away'. But nonetheless, they still are making music that is still on it's own in the musis scene. Personnally my favorite song is Schizophrenic Conversations which really holds the top half of this album. I was very impressed with the last couple of songs on the album, which saved some of the, well, un-impressive songs. I would buy this CD again, it is worth it, but just don't expect another 'Break The Cycle' and you will be happy.

Staind 4 Life
    I think this album was amazing, I really wish they would hurry on there tour, And get back in the studio. Great album, Break The Cycle and Tormented, Still the best
    GuitarGod610
    I use to like Staind quite a bit during the days of Dysfunction and Break the Cycle. After they released 14 Shades of Grey, I lost interest, and it became apparent then that they had crossed the threshold of mediocrity. They sound so bland and generic now. They are a very radio-friendly band, perhaps a little too much. Aaron does a good job with the vocals, but now alot of singers are sounding like him like Shaun Morgan from Seether, incidentally another bland and generic rock band. Needless to say, I'm not a fan of the new album.
    Sorrows
    This was a really good album of theirs and I really hope they make more like this. 9/10