Dysfuction review by Staind

• Released: Apr 13, 1999
Staind: Dysfuction

Singer Aaron Lewis was actually suicidal during this era of Staind, with "Tormented" and "Dysfunction", but it really contributed to a lot of great songs! The screaming still sounds awesome too. Although the lyrics are less morbid than "Tormented", this is where Aaron hit the "bottom of [his] little world", but then he decided to just let it all go. This is also Staind's first album to feature baritone guitars. 01. "Suffocate": I couldn't think of anything for this one :( 02. Just Go: Or this one. :( 03. "Me": Here's a song about Aaron's family. This one has a pretty creepy riff. 04. "Raw": This has one of my favorite riffs on the album. And the part at about 2:50 is awesome! 05. "Mudshovel": This is the better version of "Mudshuvel" in my opinion. 06. "Home": This is the first Staind song where Aaron plays guitar. 07. "A Flat": "All the demons in my head won't leave me..." That part rocks! 08. "Crawl": This one has another one of my favorite riffs on the album. 2:45 rules! 09. "Spleen": My other favorite album riff. I love the guitar at 3:10! 10. "Excess Baggage": This is probably the saddest song Staind has ever done.

These lyrics are some of the best I've ever heard! A7X's "Nightmare", Staind's "Tormented", Ozzy's "Black Rain", Metallica's "Load", and Tool's "Lateralus" are the other ones that have awesome lyrics all the way through. The riffs go perfect with the lyrics, and Aaron's screaming and singing are awesome!

All the songs are very impressive, but I guess "Home" and "A Flat" are the best ones. I love this entire album. If I lost it, or if it was stolen, I'd just buy it again. I wouldn't make like Pee Wee Herman and stop at nothing to find it lol! But yeah, I'd look for it before buying it again.