MTV Unplugged [DVD] review by Staind

• Released: Apr 28, 2003
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 8
Staind: MTV Unplugged [DVD]

The sound is great! Staind really worked out on the acoustic stuff, and it's amazing how their songs gain a brand new dynamic. They even invited Terry Balsamo (ex-Cold) to play in some of their songs. Aaron's voice is real smooth in that show, but when needed, he puts his wonderful voice giving us a sweet headache, leaving us wish to hear more and more. The bass is clean, the drums callmed down, but still very powerfull and smooth sound!

Content — 10
Track list: 01. Home 02. Me 03. Pressure 04. Excess Baggage 05. Suffer 06. Waste 07. Epiphany 08. It's Been Awhile 09. Can't Believe 10. Fade 11. Outside Extras: 12. Mudshovel -Video 13. Fade - Video 14. Outside - Video 15. Epiphany - Video 16. Fade (making Of) - this is really cool, very rare and it explains the reason why it became (unfortunately) censored. It was not their fault though. 17. Interview - A cool interview before the show.

Production Quality — 8
The production is great, though I would like to see more different angles. Even though, we can't ask too much, because this show was recorded at a small studio.

It's a great CD, perfect for people who love Staind, and even the ones who think they are just another crappy nu-metal band, which they are not! And, they're not nu-metal! Watch this DVD, and you'll be amazed! The show was great! I would love I was there! There's nothing that I hate about this DVD. Ok, they could put more videos from the Band, but still, great DVD, I would buy it again if it was stolen, no doubt about it!