Staind review by Staind

• Released: Sep 13, 2011
Staind: Staind

Their last album to feature drummer Jon Wysocki, Staind is finally giving the old fans what they want: another heavy album with screaming! This is definitely their best album in my opinion. They went right from their worst album to their best album! 1. "Eyes Wide Open" - This is currently my favorite song. A lot of internal rhymes and a solo that sounds really hard, but is actually really easy. 2. "Not Again" - The first single off the album. The first half of the solo sounds kinda bluesy. There was actually a solo contest, won by Kevin Curry. 3. "Failing" - The verses to this one sounds really Alice In Chains-like. The chorus is simply perfect! 4. "Wannabe" - When I heard a sample of this song on YouTube, I wasn't too sure about it, because it's rap and Wikipedia said it features Snoop Dogg. The latter was disproved by the fact that no one is credited for the vocals except singer Aaron Lewis. Also because the documentary shows Aaron recording it. It was just something some idiot put up there. They had a pretty good time writing the lyrics, like "I'm selling records. What is it that you do? Sitting in your mama's basement with her shih tzu. Peanut butter on your dick, right hand going click, with your left hand giving you a rim job." I'm glad I listened to it anyway. 5. "Throw It All Away" - "It's never enough to break down inside. It's never enough to hold on to pride. It's never enough to give up your soul." Very deep. 7. "The Bottom" - I love the beginning! It's played by hitting the strings above the pickups, much like "Crawl" from "Dysfunction". It's my second favorite song. This song is featured on the "Transformers: Dark Of The Moon" soundtrack. It was the first new song I heard, when I went on YouTube and typed in "new Staind" to see if there was anything. I once told some whiner that Aaron would never scream again. I guess I was wrong! 9. "Paper Wings" - When I heard this song, for some reason I thought of Limp Bizkit, even though I don't like them, and I've only heard one song, which doesn't really sound like this. Oh well... The talk box part is pretty awesome! And so is the solo at the beginning (wait did he just steal my idea?!?!) and end. 10. "Something To Remind You" - Oh god I sure hope Staind isn't breaking up, because it sure sounds like it.

The lyrics to the songs on this album are pretty awesome! Especially the chorus of "Failing". Avenged Sevenfold's "Buried Alive" and "Fiction" are the only other songs I can think of that have parts that perfect. Once again, Aaron Lewis does a fantastic singing job!

I compare much of this album with "Tormented", "Dysfunction", and "Break The Cycle". I'm impressed by the entire album and the fact that Staind could make something like this again. Also that Aaron can still scream so well after ten years! I love the whole album!