Starbreaker Review

Starbreaker: Starbreaker
Release Date: Mar 15, 2005
Label: Frontiers
Genres: Heavy Metal
It has some occasional progressive leanings, especially on the killer instrumental track "Dragonfly" near the end of the album.
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Starbreaker Reviewed by: m1dnight, on may 22, 2006

Sound: Starbreaker is the new band of Tony Harnell (Singer -TNT) the sound is extremely similar to that of Dragonforce just not so fast. The gengre is clearly power metal and uses simple chunky drop D riffs. The solo's on this album are sweet, although not a prominent as they should be they are pretty shredilicious as can be heard on Die For You or Lies. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are extremely simple and create a simple theme or use nostalgia/satire. Satire can be seen clearly within the Song Lies "Lies on the TV Screen, On the radio, Baby eveywhere we go" a clear satire of the modern society and of the hypodermic syringe theories. The singer is extremely good as a clean singer throughout the album there is no clear shouting, screaming or roaring within tony harnells work. On this LP he sounds like Ville Valo in some of his songs, ZP Theart (DragonForce) in the majoirty and there is a slight hint of hetfield influence going on. It's like an ideal singer. // 10

Overall Impression: This album is kinda of the next stage of taking power metal to the masses along with dragon force. This album inter-conects perfectly although it would be interesting to watch a guitarist plays keys and guitar at the same time live. I think this band are seriously under valued and deserve recognised and to get big. Well as I stole this of my mate I would probably have to buy it if I lost it. // 10

Comments