Beneath Between Beyond review by Static-X

• Released: Jul 20, 2004
Static-X: Beneath Between Beyond

The sound really varies on this CD. Some of the songs really show off the bands ability while others really don't. But, I was suprised to see that the demo songs on here were really good (the new songs are great too). The remixes were pretty run of the mill (as most are). Although if your a fan of Static-X you'll love the sound of this CD begining to end.

Wayne's searing vocals rule as always, as do Burton C. Bell's on "Burning Inside" (Fear Factory fans will love this). The lyrics are run of the mill Static-X, but its really more the vocals that keep me coming back.

I'd say this album is on par with all other Static-X albums. As I said Fear Factory fans will get a kick out of "Burning Inside" which was an awesome inclusion in this album. I was dissapointed slightly by the remixes and "Gimmie Gimmie Shock Treatment" which had great sound but only had 2 lines of lyrics. I'd have to say that the demos are probably the best part of the CD. A great buy for any Static-X fans, non fans might be turned off by it but if it were lost or stolen (being an big fan) I'd have to buy it again.