Beneath Between Beyond review by Static-X

• Released: Jul 20, 2004
Static-X: Beneath Between Beyond

Oh my god, Static-X are truly brilliant. They've got this really metelly/industrialised sound (Lovedump) you could almost close your eyes and imagine they've raided a steel works and made their instruments. Wayne's doing a lot of wild riffs on the guitar, and if you listen closely, you can hear all these synthesised tunes underneathe the main ensemble arrangement, took me a while to notice.

Lyrics pretty good, not always easy to comprehend. A lot of mad rambling and chanting (otsegoelectric) but Lovedump is just classic, I thought it was a bit ambiguous at first, but it's like a love song and they just love some girl the way she is. Totally contradicts the style of the music, but the lyrics do seem to compliment the sound.

I was really impressed, big fan of Static-X. It reminds me a bit like Rammstein, they both have that industrial metal sound. I love the way I can just flick on any of my Static-X albums and totally chillout. If it were ever stolen I'd be hunting that theif down!

Mahoru
    I'm used to Static-X's shit, but I can't stand this!!! I literally set on fire the cd! The worst cd I've ever faced!
    (:NiCe!)
    then shut your fat mouth and go **** yourself! If you are so good in music go and listen to some emo shit and leave static-x alone!
    .:!j.man!:.
    This is the stuff that didn't make it on the studio albums, Intuition should tell you it isn't going to sound like one. For what it is you cant ask for anything more, Im a huge static-X fan so this was a good purchase for me.