Cannibal review by Static-X

• Released: Apr 3, 2007
Static-X: Cannibal

Ok, Static-X? Always a good listen if you're into the metal scene. Their music has always had good riffs and cool lyrics thrown together and placed ever so perfectly to make what they are today. If you're a big fan of their original stuff Cannibal is the album to buy. It seems that when thinking of what to do with Cannibal they just chucked all their plans out the window and completely started from where they first began. The mix of their catchy tunes, crazy techno beats, and awesome riffs have created another amazing album. By far the best part of this album is the guitar solos. Koichi Fukuda pushes himself to the limit with amazing solos. All in all? 9/10. Why you may ask? Well, as with every Static-X song/album the riffs, although amazing, are still pretty repetitive.

Wayne Static brings back the past with this cd. His lyrics are heavy and determined to prove a point. His scratchy vocals make this CD 100 times better than it already is. The lyrics flow perfectly with the music playing. He uses different levels of singing in different songs. For example his vocal sound in "Behemoth" differs from that in "No Submission". "Behemoth" is a much deeper, heavy song. All in all the lyrics are good and work with all of the songs.

This CD was definatly worth the buy. I think anyone who is into Static-X should give this a listen, preview the songs on iTunes or something. I reccomend this CD to anyone who enjoys metal. The best songs on the album are "Cannibal", "No Submission", "Behemoth", and "Chemical Logic". The music and the lyrics flow so well together. The solos rock harder than life. There is just one warning about this cd. Watch out for the song "Reptile" because it's what I would call an aquired taste. All in all this CD is on my top 5 ever. I love it and I think everyone else should too.