Start A War review by Static-X

• Released: Jun 14, 2005
Static-X: Start A War

Static-X is one of my all time favorite bands and I think their music is innovative. The sound on this new record isn't mind blowing like their debut album "Wisconsin Death Trip" but this CD is different and definaletly has its moments. Like always Static-X is dishing out their arsenal of sound with a fusion of techno and metal on this album and of course as always it stands out in the crowd from other metal band's work.

The lyrics this time around were significantly better then of the ones off their album before "Shadow Zone" but still has the touch of a shallow feel of it but are still pretty innovative. The lyrics did go with the music very well because in this album it seemed like a lot of change of tone was put in for the different lyrics which is kind of rare for Static-X. But as always Wayne Howls with tony in the backround but the actual singing on this album was much better then on "Shadow Zone" where Wayne really started using his voice more fully.

Of course this album definately does not compare to the likes of "Wisconsin Death Trip" or "Machine" but still makes its mark on Static-X's music and in a very good way. I would say that the songs on this album were mixed for me but I would say the best songs would be "Skinnyman," "Set It Off," "Start A War" and "The Enemy" but one song on this album which in my opinion is completley overrated is "I'm The One" but is still a good song. If this CD was stolen from me I would by ten more copies just to be safe and if your planning to buy this CD make sure you get the special edition version that comes with a bonus DVD which is very enertaining.