Start A War review by Static-X

• Released: Jun 14, 2005
Static-X: Start A War

Once again, the trance-metal band, Static-X has done it again. This CD is phenominal. Unlike Machine or Shadow Zone, the techno sounds do not compete with the musicians. That is very, very, good. They have stepped out of their usual sound and created something very similar, but different. It is excellent.

Ah the lyrics. I'm more of a person who pays attention to the instruments more than the lyrics themselves. I love Wayne's voice, the way he can sing, growl, scream, or yell his lyrics. Tony also does very nice, backing vocals. As for the lyrics themselves, I did read the lyrics in the book. They all were set to a certain point and made sence. They didn't relate to a situation persay, but they all made sence together. Supurb.

Ah everything about this CD is great. The guitar is creative and excellent. Bass is good. As well as the drums. The vocals sound great. The nice balance of music and the techno sounds are probably the greatest balance out of all the band's CDs. My favorite songs on here are probably, well, they are all good. My least favorite is Ostego Amigo, and thats because I'm getting tired of the Ostego names. In every album, the band has a song name that contians "Ostego" in it. I don't have a problem with the song itself. I love it. It's just the name. If this were ever stolen or lost, I would definatly go buy a new one. I bought the CD/DVD version. The DVD is great. It has studio, concert, and recreational footage of the band in it. This is probably my favorite Static-X album next to Shadow Zone. Go get it.