Start A War review by Static-X

• Released: Jun 14, 2005
Static-X: Start A War

Well here's another Static-X album. They have come back from their loss of Tripp Eisen and regained Koichi Fukuda. Although I like Tripp Eisen more, Koichi is more familiar with what Static-X should really sound like, being their original guitarist. They aren't as heavy as they used to be, but they're still pretty heavy. I like the fact that they have become more melodic over the years, compared to Wisconsin Death Trip and Machine (which kicked major ass, by the way). Although many feel that Drop D and down a whole step tuning is easy to play, I think that as long as you know how to structure your riffs and incorporate the other instruments you can play the easiest stuff and still be good.

I think the lyrics are classic Wayne Static. They are very creative and rhyme at very good time, which are in tune and on key with the riffs. Wayne is a great vocalist, and it's good that he doesn't just scream throughout the whole thing. He has really expanded as a vocalist.

Overall, I think Static-X fans would really like it. With the return of Koichi, old fans of Static-X would really like it. The most impressive songs are Night Terrors, which has a really kick ass chorus, and Brain fog, which shows that Static-X can write a techno-like song and make it kick ass. Compared to their other albums, I think it is the best one yet. If it were stolen, I would hunt down whoever it was and get someone to rape their dogs. If I were to lose it, I would get me a five finger discount.

Spade_SanosukeX
    Mahoru wrote: Damn, another "Sthetic- Eggs" album... It seems that they haven't still realized the nu-metal boom was over 4 years ago and they have no sense nowadays. They should separate or the rest of musicians (with minimum knowledge) will throw stones at them, and this will truly destroy all... And appart from this, I can be more objective with their music. And I can say THIS IS SHIT. I'm still asking myself how can mature people like them play this sucking music like teenage. They have no skills. I played like them the guitar, the bass and drums when I was only 10. There are only 3 chords with the classical verse-bridge-main structure. Very bad. This album is made for teenagers who think that "Freddy vs Jason" soundtrack is incredible. But nothing more.
    Why do I ahve the feeling you can't play better than them and that you can't play their songs for shit. I doubt they're Nu-Metal if they have solos which bands that are Nu-Metal don't really have.
    Mahoru
    'Cause you don't know me xD They have solos which aren't nu metal? You call this shit solos????!! Oh, then I understand why you doubt I can pley better than them U_U I'm studying music, and I'm in the next to last year before finishing, so I know quite a lot things, don't you think? If you want to hear me playing, then search for Evilgheist or Endzeit and you'll know! lol
    madmax12291
    Mahoru is one of those people that i run into a lot. You think just because a band doesnt put solos into their music means they cant play them. Tell me if your so good why havent i heard of you but ive heard of static-x. Oh,Ya thats right, they did something different! I hate all of you snobby music theory majors who think your so much better than the self taght guys like me.
    Mahoru