Start A War review by Static-X

• Released: Jun 14, 2005
Static-X: Start A War

"Start A War" by Static-X is a great album if you like heavy metal. Static-X is an industrial metal band, they mix heavy metal and techno; there are a lot of heavy guitar riffs on this CD and there is also some keyboard and techno stuff too. The song, "Brainfog", is all techno and programming. The guitars and drums sound great, but the bass isn't too amazing; there are only a few good basslines on this CD. "I'm The One" has great guitar riffs, "Dirthouse" has amazing drums, and "Set It Off" has good bass.

Wayne is a great singer, he is a very "angry" singer. He just sounds really pissed off in songs like "The Enemy" and "Pieces". Most of the songs are about hating people or killing people. In the song, "I Want To F--kin' Break It", Wayne just screams a lot. Wayne sings really fast sometimes, like in "Otsego Amigo", it's really awesome. The backing vocals by Tony Campos are really awesome, especially in "Otsego Amigo. The singing skills are amazing and so are the songs, even though they don't have any true meanings behind them.

If you like heavy metal, just get this album. My favorite songs on this album are "Dirthouse", "The Enemy", and "Otsego Amigo". This is an amazing album, I love the heavy guitars and drums, but I think it would be better if there were basslines that stand out instead of blending in with the guitar. If this CD were stolen or lost, I would buy it again and get their new album called "Cannibal".

LoW
    I have done all the ****in music theory, and I use to make great songs, great comps and great riffs, ot to make 4 minutes long solos... Of corse I can play solos, but who wants to listen bands that there are 2 lines of lyrics and then rest of the song is just, and only guitar solo... and Mahoru can **** off cos he can't play anyway a solo so who the **** is he come and say that this band sucks, shut da **** up!
    metal4me
    Mahoru wrote: 'Cause you don't know me xD They have solos which aren't nu metal? You call this shit solos????!! Oh, then I understand why you doubt I can pley better than them U_U I'm studying music, and I'm in the next to last year before finishing, so I know quite a lot things, don't you think? If you want to hear me playing, then search for Evilgheist or Endzeit and you'll know! lol
    i notice you are also quite good when it comes to being arrogent why do you bash others who you think arent as good as you at guitar/drums? playing instruments isnt a contest...playing any instrument should give you happiness if playing a really long guitar solo sounds good to you and brings you joy, then so be it if playing without any solos sounds good to you and brings you joy, then so be it guitar is all about expressing yourself the way you want
    metal4me
    by the way, the cd was ok personally i was hoping for something more like wisconsin death trip...that cd is probably one of the greatest cds to pump you up long live static-x
    Kornholic
    I bought this album in a spur of the moment and I got to say it was a good buy.
    White And Nerdy
    Good CD. Very Industrial sounding. This is one of my favorite albums from Static-X. Check out the following songs if interested in this album: Dirthouse Skinnyman I'm The One I Want To Break It those are my favorites off this album. The rest are good as well though.