12 Gold Bars, Vol. 1 review by Status Quo

• Released: Jan 1, 1984
Status Quo: 12 Gold Bars, Vol. 1

Wanna get into the Quo? Then this is the CD you need. Mainly because it's a compilation. But you want the best of the best don't you? Sound absoulutly fantasmagorigal as ever and packed full of classic rockers. RAOTW, Whatever You Want, Paper Plane, Living On An Island and Down Down all feature on the album that realy is 12 Gold Bars of classic Status Quo shuffle.

Again I can't realy complain because it's a compilation album. They're meant to be good in every way. But what band has an album like this so early in their career? Status Quo. They are just so good they have to release them now and again. Top lyrics and an overall good sound. But sorry Rick please explain the meaning of Living On An Island to us. I've been puzzling over it for ages!

If any member of Quo is a secret user on UG is a possibility so I want to say I love pretty much everything they do including this album (it wouldn't hurt to release one with the new line up now would it). It just rocks! I would love to hear a rerecording of Living On An Island, Down Down and a few others even as B-Sides! I know I am going off at a tangent here but it's got my ticker going now. Long live Quo.