12 Gold Bars, Vol. 1 review by Status Quo

• Released: Jan 1, 1984
Status Quo: 12 Gold Bars, Vol. 1

Status Quo are a legend and is one of the best British rock bands. If you wanna get into Quo then you will have to start with this excellent compilation album. "12 Gold Bars" shows Status Quo at their very best, 12 bar blues boogie shuffle with "Break The Rules", "Roll Over Lay Down", "Rain" and "Whatever You Want", rock your heart out with "Mystery Song", "Caroline" and "Paper Plane". Francis, Rick, Lancaster and Coughlan are at top notch with this album, all their greatest hits are on this album. Amazing!

Status Quo I have got to admit have always had funny and quirky lyrics in every album. With "Break The Rules" you get a taste of their funny lyrics such as "By the way she motored we might have made the Eiffel Tower". However, the positive side to their lyrics is that it matches with their 12 Bar Blues Shuffle. I am quite impressed with Quo's Lyrics as it is very unique and are well known for jaunty, funny and quirky lyrics.

This compilation album clearly shows Status Quo's talent and clearly shows that they can rock just like any other 70's rock band. The best songs are all on this album and includes the No.1 single "Down Down". What would be great would be a b-side compilation album. It's amazing! I would definitely buy this album again and again!