On The Level review by Status Quo

• Released: Mar 1, 1975
  • Users' score: 10 (1 vote)
Status Quo: On The Level

This album is not the most known among fans but it does however feature a select few Quo classics. This includes Down Down, Most Of The Time and Little Lady. it's pretty hard rocking and is most definitely one of the heavier albums. You can really see how Status Quo have progressed through the years by just listening to this great no.1 hit. John's drumming is certainly at it's peak here. Rocking!

Now heres the downfall. Mr. Rossi himself has admitted that the lyrics to Down Down meant nothing to him. I've never understood the song, loved it, but never understood it. Everything works so well though. Just some (and I mean some) lyrics are nonsense. But Rossi's, Parfitt's and Lancaster's vocals are as good as ever. Perfect harmonys. I like the way the words and music go together. You have this really hord rocking guitar line with a beautiful vocal melody over it.

Personally the highlight for me has to be Little Lady because of the solo. I like Rick's style of writting. Especially when it's mixed in with Frame's and Alan's. There's even a cover of Bye Bye Jonny thrown in there too which rounds the album off nicely. I love the CD. And if I do, you will too.