Rock 'Til You Drop review by Status Quo

• Released: Jul 15, 2002
  • Users' score: 10 (1 vote)
Status Quo: Rock 'Til You Drop

A very good album. It's name was taken from a record attempt by Quo to play 3 shows in a day at different parts of the country. They did it of course and released this album, and what an album it is. A real clean sound and great guitar passages realy make the album. The songlist includes 'All We Really Wanna Do (Polly)', 'Can't Give You More' and a bonus track is even a rerecorded '4500 Times'. Cushty. A few covers in there too but Quo pull it off so well they actually sound better than the origionals.

I can safely say they is only one song I wasn't sure about here lyric wise and that is 'Warning Shot'. It just came out of nowhere and meant nothing to me. Could it be about the Gulf war that was going on at the time? I don't know but good all the same. 'Fakin The Blues' is a great ballad with killer lyrics. 'Like A Zombie' is really funny. Nice one Francis! As I say with many of my Status Quo reveiws you always get that song with the crap lyrics about halfway through the CD. It's tradition I suppose.

Easily one of Quo's best and will be for years. I'd like to rename the album 'Rock 'Til You Get Knackered' 'cos you can't put down the air guitar! Everyone need this album. Chav or not. Goth or not. Normal or not, this album rocks. It's very in your face and was quite a big milestone for Quo and it always will be. The party really 'aint over yet people.