The One And Only [DVD] review by Status Quo

• Released: Sep 4, 2006
  • Content: 6
  • Production Quality: 10
Status Quo: The One And Only [DVD]

Released this year, the DVD kicks out classics such as Caroline, Rocking All Over The World and Whatever You Want. The new Quo sound is out of this world. All the instruments are at the right volume for each song which is an improvement on some of the earlier sounds from the '70s. It all rocks though. The new Marshall stacks are really doing a great band credit.

Content — 6
Well the DVD is extremely repetitive. It is divided into four sections. The first is of a recent live show that kicks ass. Second is entitled "Doing Their Thing", a BBC recording of the band in the late '60s-early '70s. Sound isn't great but I still laugh at the Chinese woman falling asleep. Third, is a concert out in Germany which was toward the end of the original line up. Fourth is a TOTP special which was aired in the 2000s. Here is the track listing: The One & Only Status Quo (2002) 01. Caroline 02. All Stand Up 03. Roll Over Lay Down 04. Down Down 05. Heavy Traffic 06. Creepin' Up On You 07. Whatever You Want 08. Rockin' All Over The World 09. Interviews Doing Their Thing (1970) 01. Roadhouse Blues 02. Down The Dustpipe 03. Spinning Wheel Blues 04. Is It Really Me 05. Got To Go Home Rockpop In Concert (1982) 01. Roll Over Lay Down 02. Little Lady 03. Whatever You Want 04. Hold You Back 05. Rockin' All Over The World 06. Big Fat Mama 07. Don't Waste My Time 08. Dirty Water Top Of The Pops 2 Status Quo Special (2000) 01. Caroline 02. Pictures Of Matchstickmen 03. Paper Plane 04. Down Down 05. What You're Proposing 06. Roll Over Lay Down 07. Ol' Rage Blues 08. Marguerita Time 09. Whatever You Want 10. In The Army Now 11. Rain 12. Rockin' All Over The World See what I mean? The track listing is very "samey" but who cares?

Production Quality — 10
What a great DVD. It's opening graphics are really clever. It also plays the tracks from the album. If you select the 'one and only' it plays RAOTW as you select your chosen song. Brilliant. I also enjoy the way the screen is animated as you select your option. Cool! Paxman's done a great job o' this one!

Well. I suppose all the performances are different. The DVD is crucial to a collector like me but this isn't the ideal DVD to show your mate to get them into Quo. They'll only go "Is that all they've done?" it's a good one to watch though. It will make you laugh with the interviews in the first and last sections. Nice one, Quo. This one will always make me smile.