The Party Ain't Over Yet review by Status Quo

• Released: Jan 1, 2005
Status Quo: The Party Ain't Over Yet

Well I must say that the entire album is beautiful. A real kick ass album. You can definitely hear all kinds of styles including country, blues and rock. Rhino's Status Bass really keeps the band tight and 'crisp'. I was surprised to find that Quo have changed their sound. A great drum sound keeps the band moving and really make you know that the song has a sense of direction. A great mixture of slow and quick stuff too. Also some nice harmonies on the voices. A great one to buy.

Great except err The Bubble. I suppose it grows on you. If you read the 2005 programme (yeah I'm the sad bastard that does) you will see Rick says that Paxman didn't put any of Rick's songs through to be recorded. Rick did write something with John called Belavista Man which was easily one of the best tracks on the album. Certainly a "Rick Classic". Lyrics are great. I also like the lyrics to Goodbye Baby. Another great one. And guess what? Matt has even contributed on this one with Nevashooda. OK so it aint great but it's his first bash at a Quo one. Well done Matty.

Well compared to 'Heavy Traffic' it's a bit weak. However easily one of the best Quo have done. 'Heavy Traffic' does take some beating but "Don't say to me it can't be done." Sorry that had to go in there. It can be done, Quo so please keep making these kick ass albums! You need this CD now. Now I say! Upward on onward from here lads. Another great classic from the monarchs of rock 'n' roll.

bass1991guitar
    The Quo are not 3 chord wonders at all. They have also influenced many of todays artists. Give them some credit. It's their 41st year next year. And if you were any sort of decent musician you will heat more than 3 chords. Rocking All over the world for instance.
    Bradaharp
    Goldy93 wrote: status quo are 3 chord wonders
    YOU WRITE A SONG LIKE ONE OF THEIRS!