Under The Influence review by Status Quo

• Released: Jul 6, 1999
Status Quo: Under The Influence

A truly remarkable album from the Quo. Released in 1999, everything is as it should be. A wide range of sounds and effects are used and some really rocking notes are produced. However I was a little disapointed with the amount of acoustic guitars played. They seem to be everywhere. Not that this is a bad thing but it 'aint the typical Status Quo. We hear a very tight band with lots of shuffle and major scale. Rossi's solos are easily the best I have ever heard. I'd be very proud to release this album with my band.

Rossi's sons joined in with the writing here. I love all the lyrics on this album especially 'Blessed are the Meek'. I didn't get them at first but it struck me as I was tabbing it on this site! The clue was in the name! "You know the story about a woman and a man, in a garden living free, the only danger was a stranger by a tree." Pure, utter class.

An ace album. Get it whether you like Quo or not. Remember that they have influenced many bands today and will forever. You'll be lucky to get hold of it but God if you do, brace yourself. Perhaps they'll re-release it with the others? Who knows? All I know is I love this CD.

Welli
    Woahh. I thought you just ****ed up on Piledriver but I was wrong. This was one of the most shockingly awful albums in Quo history..