XS All Areas [DVD] review by Status Quo

• Released: Sep 27, 2004
  • Content: 7
  • Production Quality: 9
Status Quo: XS All Areas [DVD]

Classic Quo. The DVD is practicaly a copy of the 2CD album released the same year with slight variations on the tracklist like "Thinking Of You" replaced by "Rollin' Home" on the DVD and the same with a few other tracks. There is a good mix of live performances and videos (however old) to the latest stuff like "Creepin' Up On You". However some of the older live recordings like "Roll Over Lay Down" are not very clear. I suppose you had to be there as they say.

Content — 7
As far as special features go its pretty crap. There are 40 rocking tracks followed by a commentary on about 10 of them. OK so thats not a lot but Rick and Francis are so funny so that makes up for the lack of special content. A brill compilation of old and new.

Production Quality — 9
I can safely say that there is nothing on this DVD but a top 12 Bar Boogie. However I do like the title screen that plays "You'll come Round" and the arse patch on a pair of jeans. How cool. Just the right amount of special FX. Not too much and thats why it is just brilliant.

I love this DVD. Especially as I can watch and learn the guitar parts and listen to the pros (even if thay are pratting about). I would recomend it to any Quo fan and a great Fathers Day present. Also to anyone who wants to hear Ricks Gay impression.