All You Can Eat review by Steel Panther

• Released: Apr 1, 2014
Steel Panther: All You Can Eat

"Dude, have you heard of that band Steel Panther?"

"Steel Panther? That's the hair metal band, right?"

"Yeah, man! They just put out a brand new album!"

"Honestly, what do you see in them? Aren't they just a bunch of sexist, misogynistic, untalented pricks? That's what my mom told me."

"Your mom obviously doesn't get the joke! Not only is Steel Panther a totally hilarious band, but they're surprisingly talented. Like, really talented! I heard their guitarist actually taught at some sort of prestigious guitar institute. And their singer? Dude, he's got a freaking PHD in English or something!"

"So wait a minute... You're telling me these guys actually know how to make music?"

"Yeah, man! These guys know how to make great music! You don't even have to like hair metal to be into them!"

"Huh... I'll have to check them out..."

"Do it, dude! Their newest album 'All You Can Eat' just recently came out and it's totally radical! It's got some of the heaviest songs they've ever put out on it! Plus, the ballads and lighter riff-based stuff add a nice balance throughout the entire record!"

"Sounds pretty cool. Anyway, I gotta go. See you around!"

"Catch you later, man!"

"Did you listen to them yet?!?"

"Dude, I did!"

"And did you love them?!?"

"DUDE, I DID! You were totally right about 'All You Can Eat' when you said the music was awesome, but you never told me just how funny the lyrics actually were!"

"Right?!? What's your favorite song?"

"I freaking loved the opening song! 'Gloryhole' and 'If I Was The King' are both awesome too! Holy cow! And I nearly died the minute Michael Starr started singing 'Ten Strikes You're Out'! I loved the line, 'Strike one I saw you winking at my friends / I poked your damn eye so you'll never wink again'."

"Haha! Yeah, those are both great! 'The Burden of Being Wonderful' has some great lyrics too! Remember 'Why in a world of ugly faces should I be allowed to be so hot'?"

"Of course I do! Classic Steel Panther!"

"Totally! I'm gonna go listen to the album some more. Wanna come?"

"Let's do it!"

"Dude, I'm totally glad I got you to start listening to Steel Panther!"

"Me too, man! I'm gonna spread the word and tell everyone about their new album!"

"Totally! I mean, if we're being completely honest, it may not be as amazing as their second record, but nothing was ever gonna top that."

"Yeah, I get what you mean. 'Balls Out' was pure gold. 'All You Can Eat' is a great follow-up though! It may have one or two filler tracks on it, but, ultimately, it's definitely able to stand up on it's own."

"It's definitely another work of art, and I can't wait to hear more! Later, man!"

"Peace, dude."

BjarnedeGraaf
    Actually I still think their 1rst album was the best. but this one is great too.
    jay3213
    Even though they're joking, their songs are probably better than a lot of real hair metal
    Fleur de Lys
    "No one judges you at the gloryhole" One of my favorite lines. Awesome ablum, better than Balls Out. I feel like they went in a little harder direction with songs like "Pussywhipped" and "Gloryhole". It suits them well. Also, "She's On The Rag" is really cool in terms of melody and dynamics. I love Satchel's solo work too.
    Van Guff
    Steel Panther are that band I want to like, but I honestly can't. The lyrics/song titles are too much of a piss take which for me, detracts from the overall effort. Don't get me wrong, the musicianship is absolutely brilliant but I just can't get into it for the above mentioned reasons.
    Oh_My_Goth
    Love the first half of the album, but it gets a little weak in the second half. Anyway - Glory Hole is probably their best song ever, can't stop listening!
    Mixloopx
    Very solid album with some great riffs. But, I still like their first two albums better.
    jdp103089
    agreeing with most of you. a solid album for sure, maybe not as good as their first but better than balls out. and definitely a bit heavier than usual which is great. whether or not people take these guys and their lyrics seriously, they are very talented musicians.
    JFRules
    The album just gets better and better. I love all 3 albums but the 1st one is still the best that was a masterpiece.
    ewolf5150
    i've been rocking this album the last few weeks and i think its great. i don't know if i like it better than balls out but feel the steel is still their best
    Baia
    great album FTS may still be their best but this one is epic aswell
    kiba56
    So far I've loved what I've heard from the album, Satchel is an AWSOME guitarist,
    betojmd
    I've already listened to all their albuns and I don't like their music, but I must confess they're ****ing hilarious and play nice too.