Feel The Steel review by Steel Panther

• Released: Jun 8, 2009
Steel Panther: Feel The Steel

The '80's are long gone, theres no doubt about that. The days for big hair and lots of make up are behind us. So there is only one thing left for the '80s... to take the piss out of it. And thats exactly what Steel Panther have done. With their big hairsprayed do's and lots of skintight clothes the image they present is extremely comical. Enough about the image, it's time for the music now. With lots of synth keyboards, outright guitar solos and people calling this band "Disgusting," they certainly know how to create an image. It is your typical '80s hair metal band, except we're not in the '80s anymore. Many have compared their songs to the likes of Bon Jovi and Van Halen.

Being only 15, when my mother listened to this for the first time she commented on the lyrics as "Absoloutely vile." With frequent references to sex and the lack of decent music in the 21st Century, this seems to be the only inspiration this band has. However, saying that, the way Micheal Starr sings the vocals is utterly brilliant. He can belt out any tune with such a pitch perfect voice you wouldn't believe that he can do this live. But he can, and with the sheer number of guest vocalists on the album (Corey Taylor, Justin Hawkins and M Shadows for example) the way they duet with him is absoloutley fantastic. Justin (The Darkness, Hot Leg) and Micheals voices complement each other perfectly.

As an overall impression, this is an absoloutly fantastic album. I can listen to this album over and over again and never get tired of it. Signature anthem "Death to All But Metal" is a brilliant song about how rubbish Noughties music has become. New single "Community Property" is a good laugh along ballad about how Micheal Starr likes sex with anything that moves when he tours, but he is in love with one woman. Other tracks worth giving a listen to are: "Asian Hooker," "Party All Day (Fuck All Night)" and "Turn Out the Lights." Definitely worth the money.

Pedalist
    I like their songs because Its either funny, has cool riffs & licks or both. I like the 'death to all but metal' and 'Fat Girl' for its funny lyrics. But in terms as a band they're ok with me.
    matt360
    SMELLS LIKE SUSSSHIIIII ! ASIAN HOOKER !!!! YOUR A DIRTY LITTLE COCK SUCKER !
    RockGuitarist09
    Best album in years. definitly worth getting. The world needs more bands like this. They are awesome in person aswell as i've met Satchel and Lexxi. Cannot wait to see them for the 4th time at download '10 as they are even better live
    megaironpriest
    SOOOOO good, I wonder how good an album would be if they didn't do it to try and be funny and tried to make a real 80's hair album???
    Mark Roxx
    Omen_666 wrote: Love this f***in Album!!! Hell's On Fire!!!! Woooo... Bring The 80's back more! We Need More Guys like these. What Song is M. Shadows on? She's Got the Eyes Of a Panther! Hey, Where'd you put that coke? Cool.
    YES. The rebirth of glam metal? I listened to death to all but metal today, its by far the best best song ive heard in a while.
    Omen_666
    If you buy me an I-Phone. You can give me a call. STRIPPERRRRR GIRRRRRLL.
    Omen_666
    metallichris91
    UPxTHExANTE wrote: nothing has to be old to be classic. and thats what this album is. CLASSIC.
    agreed not only is it hilarious, great production sound, fantastic playing from all 4 members and generally one of the best rock and roll albums ive ever heard, if this album doesnt make you want to go out and rock till you drop then youre dead inside! :/
    AC/DCnut
    The only song which doesn't do it for me on the album is party all day (**** all night), its not as epic as the other songs IMO. WTF man, it's the most epic song, what a chorus and gr8 lyrics 2!
    guitar_hero999
    tristan_deity wrote: Its about time UG did a review on these guys! I FUCKING LOVE THIS BAND! Great music, funny lyrics and kick ass solos. these guys are bringing glam back and its about time!
    it wasn't UG that did it... it was a user review (that was me!!!!) XD
    beau05
    Asian Hooker is my girlfriends favourite song. The whole album wreaks of the 80's, except extra cheesy, and it's bloody awesome
    tristan_deity
    DimebagRob
    This is a really great album. It's genuinely funny hair metal parodies played by actually skilled musicians.
    FearOfTheDuck
    I got this when it first came out over here in the UK, such a good album! The guitarist is awesome, he does a crazy solo and plays drums at the same time live! They've already sold out all their UK shows, and the tickets are going for about 90 each on ebay! The only song which doesn't do it for me on the album is party all day (**** all night), its not as epic as the other songs IMO.
    Bozjoarmstrong
    I've only heard 'death to all but metal' and it's very funny. I think this review has just about convinced me to buy this album.
    Vikkked
    The 80's are long gone, theres no doubt about that. The days for big hair and lots of make up are behind us.
    Wrong, I still use have a big hair Not too much make up though...
    How do I find these 2 a bit contradicting? :/ How can you possibly like hair metal and hate the style?