Everything Is Different Now Review

artist: Stellar Kart date: 08/23/2010 category: compact discs
Stellar Kart: Everything Is Different Now
Released: Sep 21, 2009
Genre: Power pop, pop punk, punk rock
Label: INO
 8.8
 9.5
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Everything Is Different Now Reviewed by: Soccergeek4jc, on august 23, 2010

Sound: The first thing you will notice is that there are four cover songs on this album--that makes only six original titles. Basically they took the songs We Shine (Fee), Spirit In The Sky (Norman Greenbaum), You Never Let Go (Matt Redman), Until My Heart Caves In (Audio Adrenaline) and added a Stellar Kart twist to them. The original songs show that nothing has changed much since the last album musically, so the guitar riffs still sound the same, and the build of the songs go along the same tried-and-true formula that just seems to work for them. Their sound is very unique, hard to pin down with a name and very catchy and uplifting. // 7

Lyrics: I didn't get into Stellar Kart because their musical performance intrigued me--it was because of their upbeat, hopeful and godly lyrics. I lowered the score because of the covers, but they chose really good songs to imitate. If you liked Adam's (?) voice before, it hasn't changed much and it fits well with their songs--> (although I didn't like Spirit In The Sky...) Feeling down? Want to praise God? This is the album for you. It differs from past albums by having a very powerful worship-y feel to it all. // 8

Overall Impression: There are no doubts--if this album was stolen, I would go and buy it again. Stellar Kart's unique sound coupled with beautiful worship ballads is an encouragement to listen to (just have a hear at "Something Holy" or "All My Heart") I would replace the song "Spirit In The Sky" because it didn't really fit with the rest of the songs... but that's me. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to find purpose in God again. It's a great collection of cheery songs that will go really well in a youth group environment... like any Stellar Kart album. // 9

Comments