Stellastarr* review by Stellastarr*

• Released: Sep 23, 2003
Stellastarr*: Stellastarr*

The first time I heard this album I loved it! They're music is different. And I like different. The guitars are amazing. The vocals are a male lead and a female and rarely another male backup. Their voices blend perfectly.

The lyrics go along great with the music. It keeps you thinking and doest just serve the message on a silver platter. The Singers' skills at first surprised me. His voice stands out and is unique. He can sing flawlessly. When the fenale sings in the background it only makes it better.

I am a huge Cure fan, if you like The Cure, you will definitally like this band. Only they are more poppy rock influenced. Every song on this album is different, my favorite being "Jenny". The thing I love most about this album is their energy. They love making music and it shows. If I were to lose this album I would DEFINITELY buy another one. I listen to it at least once a day. Check them out their website has a few songs to listen to... no downloading involved http://www.stellastarr.com If you like them... I encourage you to buy their album. I got mine at a Sam Goody, I'm sure if you look around you'll find it.

Jau_Peacecraft
    this band is probably the only proper heir to the cure's throne; they manage a similar balance between gloom and pop... and while they aren't insanely known yet, the cure started out in obscurity before eventually becoming known. stellarstar* is just getting started.