The Craig Machine review by Stephen Lynch

• Released: Oct 4, 2005
Stephen Lynch: The Craig Machine

Well, Stephen Lynch is back with The Craig Machine. If you have seen him in concert, on DVD, or heard any of his albums, you have heard this style before. This album contains some of the old stuff that he did on the Live at the El Rey DVD and some of the other albums, along with some new and altered material. Of course, Lynch is funny as always.

Lynch has a very clear, funny lyrical ability, and he can sing very well. It's odd because you hear the songs and think of it as just general folk/pop music until he hits the hilariously inappropriate or disgusting lyrics. I love the way Stephen Lynch surprises you with his songs when you hear them, with the nice calm tone to them while making fun of anything under the sun.

The thing I love about this album is the fact that it has some new material from Stephen Lynch. Hearing new stuff from him is sometimes few and far between, but when he releases new material it is always a good time. The thing I don't like about some of it is that there is quite a bit of old stuff as well, its never an all-new material record, though the old stuff is still really fun. My favorite songs on this album are Craig (about the brother of Jesus) and Beelz (all about a gay Satan). If I lost or had this album stolen, I would buy it all over again. It just a fun album full of talent.

ashley renee
    I just recently got introduced to Stephen Lynch and his music by (just so happens to be)my boyfriends brother so i admit i dont know much about him, but i have come to know ALOT of his songs (i love "Gerbil"- the first one i ever heard)So i especially appreciate this article (type thingy)! It is great! Stephen Lynch is my F***ing Hero!