The Craig Machine review by Stephen Lynch

• Released: Oct 4, 2005
Stephen Lynch: The Craig Machine

Stephen's sound is purely acoustic, and he is often helped on stage with two other musicians who sing and play alongside him. It sounds like Stephen Lynch has classic rock as one of his major muses that help him write his songs. He makes a reference to Led Zeppelin in "D&D" a song about the loner kids who play Dungeons and Dragons in their moms basement. Most of Stephens songs are extremely funny and are always put someone on edge or use them as the butt of the joke, for example. "Vanilla Ice Cream" is about a man who choses black girls over white girls. some of his earlier work like "Special Olympics" and "Special Ed" both make fun of the mentally handicapped. "Little Tiny moustache" takes jabs at a Relationship between a Anti-Zionist and a Jew.

The lyrics are the meat and potatos of the songs, it's where all the magic of the comedy is revealed. In this album some of the funnier songs are the following. "Halloween", "Craig", "Albino", "Mixer at Delta Chi", "Little Tiny Mustache", "Classic Rock Song", "D&D". Each of them follow funny situations if it's about a man who poisons children in the song Halloween, a song about the brother of Christ, or a song about a bad college professor who parties and sleeps with his students. Stephen is also a very skillful singer, he has a very good falsetto and can hit very high notes that some women may have trouble with.

I think this song is one of the best, if it's not just one of it's own kinds of CD's out there. there's not a whole lot of singing comedians out there but if there is he is the best. Probobly my most favorite song off the album would have to be "Albino". What I love about the album is that it brings together two things I love, comedy and musicianship. What I hate about it is that it's a live album and the laughing and the people in the crowds can get in the way of hearing what exactly he may be singing. If this were lost or stolen, I would definatly buy this album again, I give it a 10 all the way around!