Greatest Hits 1974-78 review by Steve Miller Band

• Released: Jan 1, 1987
Steve Miller Band: Greatest Hits 1974-78

This album has a little variety here and there, from psychedelia, to blues, to rock, but it is mostly acoustic. I like this sound, and it is easy to relax to. However, you can have a fun dance with these tunes, or use it for a party if you want to. You should know a few of these songs, seeing as they are hits. Most of the album is steady, with very few weak points. So, I would have to give this a good rating based on it's solidity.

These are easy-going lyrics which are easy to learn if you are the sing-a-long type. Most of these are very fun tunes, or light-hearted love songs from a laid-back kinda guy. The vocals are great; just the perfect voice for the style of music. They have a big factor on my rating.

This is a good start to this band though. It's what I started with, and it helped me make my other purchase of them (see "Living In the USA.") This album is excellent, but I do like my other album which is a studio album better. I'm not much of a "hits" guy, so I did not give this a perfect album. If you like hits, bump the rating up to ten.