Living In The USA review by Steve Miller Band

• Released: Jan 1, 1990
Steve Miller Band: Living In The USA

Living In the USA has a nice acoustic feel to it throughout the whole album. It is sort of fast for the first three songs, but for the rest of the album, it is a nice relaxing tune. A blues song shows up on the album along with "Your Saving Grace," which sounds eerily just like the band Traffic. It's a good song, it just sounds like Traffic is playing it. Overall, the sound is good, it lacks a bit of solidity, but other than that, I love it.

The lyrics are great. All of them have an easy meaning to follow, and they are all pretty upbeat. They do flow perfectly with the music, and I emphasize "perfectly." The singing is good, but sounds really good in "Your Saving Grace," where, as I have mentioned, it sounds like Traffic is singing and playing it. I have to say they alternated vocalists for that song. Overall, lyrics and vocals are perfect.

This album caught my eye because it was a studio album and contained "The Joker." After I listened to it, I enjoyed a select most of the other songs as well, most of them the same style as their hit. This album is a keeper for me, and it would devastate me if I lost it, because I can't seem to find it anywhere now. You may have to order it, but the price is worth it if you like the Steve Miller Band's hits. Songs to look out for are "Don't Let Nobody Turn You 'Round," "Space Cowboy," "The Joker," "Lovin' Cup," "Your Saving Grace," and "Mary Lou." As you can see, this album is full of great songs, and is great for any situation, be it background, party, or just listening.