All That Id Be Review

artist: Steve Saluto date: 08/05/2004 category: compact discs
Steve Saluto: All That Id Be
Released: Jan 13, 2004
Genre: Rock
All that I'd be is Steve Saluto latest album, half recorded in a studio and half live tracks.
 8.2
 9.3
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
All That Id Be Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 05, 2004

Sound: All that I'd be is Steve Saluto latest album, half recorded in a studio, and half live tracks. Steve has bluesy, soulful approach to guitar and composition in general. Groovy riffs, rhythms that are reminiscent of Stevie Ray Vaughan and R. Kotzen. The songs are well crafted, with strong melodies and beautiful hooks. Not to mention that Steve has a good, well rounded technique. Once again the comparison with Richie Kotzen is obvious, as Steve favours a smooth, ultra fluid legato approach to fills and solo lines. Life is is one of my fave tracks, with a melody that will fix in your head and a cool solo with good fingerpickin'. The title track is also well crafted, with fills that could have come out of Kotzen's best session. Steve always plays for the song, leavin' out all the blazin' stuff when the song doesn't ask for it. All of the studio tracks flow away smoothly, leavin' in you the impression that the guy has made his homework while comin' up with some songwritin' chops. The live tracks are well recorded, with sounds that are perfect for Steve's style of music. The band locks well together, and Steve playin' is in great shape. Good dynamic control on track 9, Steve! There's also a guitar solo for guitar heads. More based on rhythm than flash, and we love that.The man has good fingerpickin' skills. // 10

Lyrics: Saluto handles all the lead vocals on the record, another change from "Under", which only adds to the different feel that All That I'd Be has from the artist's previous works. // 8

Overall Impression: He reminds me a lot the latest Richie Kotzen, the one you can hear from 'Mother's head family reunion' 'till our days. // 10

Comments