Fire Garden review by Steve Vai

• Released: Sep 17, 1996
Steve Vai: Fire Garden

Steve Vai has a phonomenal sound. His stuff is always original and great. This is a diverse CD, so there's plenty of sounds here. "There's A Fire in the House" is straight-up rock, "The Crying Machine" sounds like Satch's "Crush of Love," "Blowfish" is just crazy music, "Fire Garden Suite," the best song I have heard in my life, has to be heard to be believed. Even some of his vocal tracks are good, "Aching Hunger" sounds cool, and "Genocide" is a perfect anthem/stadium rock song.

The lyrics are great. Vai has a fantastic voice in my opinion, and this is where it really shines. Songs like "All About Eve" are just plain beautiful, songs like "Aching Hunger" are very deep, and songs like "Genocide" are rather odd. (I still don't know what the song "Genocide" is about.)

In my opinion, this is Vai's best disc. Everything is great, original, and flat-out amazing. This disc is worth the price alone for the song "Fire Garden Suite," which is the best piece of music I have ever heard. I highly recommend this CD. Steve Vai has proved himself to be the best guitarist on the planet, hands down.

liampje
    Great album! Vai always blows my mind. Fire Garden Suite is really nice and has the structure of a classical piece, it's divided in movements or phases how I like to call them. Aching Hunger has the most epic lick in the intro that makes me want to jump around and scream. All About Eve is a gorgeous piece of music. I wish I could be such a good writer but I'm not, but I've only played for 3,5 years now so who knows.