Live At The Astoria London [DVD] review by Steve Vai

• Released: Dec 9, 2003
  • Content: 8
  • Production Quality: 8
Steve Vai: Live At The Astoria London [DVD]

This DVD has good live quality sound, and I must say it is very comparable to actually going to one of his gigs.

Content — 8
Live At The Astoria has a good mix of the older favourites - For The Love Of God, Bad Horsie, Blue Powder etc. and later tracks such as the brilliant 'Giant Balls Of Gold' and 'Whispering A Prayer'. If your a Billy Sheehan fan your in luck, and theres a bit of muckin' about backstage in the bonus features. Funny guys. Track list: 01. Shyboy 02. Giant Balls Of Gold 03. Erotic Nightmares 04. Blood And Glory 05. Dave-s Party Piece 06. Blue Powder 07. The Crying Machine 08. The Animal 09. Bangkok 10. Tony-s Solo 11. Bad Horsie 12. Chameleon 13. Down Deep Into The Pain 14. Fire 15. Little Wing 16. Whispering A Prayer 17. Incantation (with drum solo) 18. Jibboom 19. For The Love Of God 20. Liberty 21. The Attitude Song.

Production Quality — 8
It's all good.

Anyone who is interested in buying this dvd has nothing to worry about, its the next best thing to going to a concert. The track listings really good although there are others I would have liked to have heard, but we can all be pleased.