Live At The Astoria London [DVD] review by Steve Vai

• Released: Dec 9, 2003
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 10
Steve Vai: Live At The Astoria London [DVD]

This DVD is a great collection of songs spanning most of Vai's career. The sound quiality is very good, and the song selection is almost perfect, there is only one or two songs that I wish he had incorperated into it. Steve's virtuosity is displayed in the DVD with his stunning skills. Not only is his playing perfect, but the playing of the others in his band.

Content — 10
This DVD has a great selection of songs, but the bonus DVD really doesn't have much in it. That's okay since the other DVD in the two DVD set is very good.

Production Quality — 10
The production and photgraphy in the DVD is exceptional. I couldn't ask for more perfection, it seems like a lot of time went into the making of this, and the vibe from the artists playing was excelent.

This thing is awesome! I was very impressed not only by Vai's speed, but by his meledic playing and stage presense. He puts up quite a show in the DVD and seems very excited, which is good. I don't hate anything about this DVD, and I encourage others to buy it. If I lost this DVD, I would go try to find it, if it were stolen, I owuld steal it back.