Where The Wild Things Are [DVD] review by Steve Vai

• Released: Sep 29, 2009
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 10
Steve Vai: Where The Wild Things Are [DVD]

Great overall band level. He harmonizes so well with the violins and other guitars. The only bad point is the whole DVD is in the starting two songs his volume seemed to be turned down but that was soon fixed. The band mix was spot on there was no cloudyness or over compression in the sound, it just sounded raw and beautiful.

Content — 10
This DVD is great value for money anyone thinking about buying this DVD should grab it as soon as posible. It contains the songs: 01. Paint me your face 02. Now we run 03. Oooo 04. Building the church 05. Tender surrender 06. Band intros 07. Firewall 08. The Crying machine 09. Shove the sun aside 10. I'm becoming 11. Die to live 12. Freak show excess 13. Apples in paradise 14. All about eve 15. Gary 7 16. Beastley rap 17. Treasure Island 18. Angel food 19. Earthquake sky Disc Two 20. The Audience is listening 21. Ther Murder 22. Juice 23. Whispering a prayer 24. Taurus Bulba 25. Liberty 26. Answers 27. For the love of god

Production Quality — 10
Great Quality. Well worth all the hours practice. He realy has a perfict setup, when you take in all the things happening at once you realy appreciate all his talent. Whether it is just the simple things like pushing down on a stomp box at the right time that you don't get that sudden fuzz or shreading in an complicated key with a complicated timeing he can just do it all.

This DVD rocks. I brought it trying to see if I liked Steve Vai... I do. He has now convinced me to buy a Digitech Whammy pedal because of the way he uses it. The new band members are also great, the use of violins realy adds to the atmosphere. Any real Steve Vai fan needs this DVD.