In Step review by Stevie Ray Vaughan

Stevie Ray Vaughan: In Step

This is Stevie Ray Vaughan's comeback album after his brush with death due to drug and alcohol problems. He sounds a lot more confident. His blues style is really fun to listen to. it's the best 12 bar blues. The intruments are played really well. I thought SRV did a great job on guitars. It's an overdriven blues guitar. This is a unique album, since there was no other like it at the time. The blues were virtually extinct. The keyboards are good, add almost a second lead instrument. Bass is really complicated, very well thought out. Drums is just basic blues beat. The guitar solos were excellent. SRV isn't the fastest, but he definetly is one of the best. All of the songs are fairly short, with the exception of Riviera Paradise. Pretty much all the songs are 12 bar blues, with the same tune and chord progression, but very unique anyway.

Hey it's the blues, what's there to say. It's bluesy music, bluesy theme. Pretty much about love. They will have slower tempos for sadder lyrics. But when the song is more cheery, e.g. The House is Rockin' yeah the tempo is faster, way faster. Stevie Ray Vaughan is a great vocalist, he has a raspy voice that is candy to the ears.

This is a great album. It's SRV's best musically, and my favorite from him. The best songs are The House is Rockin', Tightrope, Crossfire, Tightrope, Riviera Paradise, the whole album. It's blues, everything to love, nothing to hate. it's music for everyone to enjoy. I'd be upset if I lost this, and I'd buy it again.

Leonheart
    Stop Messin'
    Leonheart wrote: For the past 2 years I've thought SRV was black. Just found out he was white yesterday.
    hahahahaha my mom just found out last year that Hendrix is black lol Great SRV album too. All of his albums are great.
    zacky gates
    easthatred
    He was the first guitarist I really enjoyed, and i was 6 years old and listening to his music it made me want to be a guitarist. Im only 17 and I think he died the year i was born, but I still feel hes one of the best of all time and it isnt gonaa change any time soon.
    GuitarGod610
    He was one of my first influences as a guitar player, and I still love his music. This is my favorite album of his.
    RjNjimmypage
    I was raised around stevie rays music and he died the year i was born so when i got older he was thought of almost as a god here in southeast texas
    Alvin Lee
    He died the year I was born. I love his music. If stevie is god, then im jesus on my way to paradise! I have played some of his music since I was 11-12 so he's a part of me now ..
    joshpwc
    If you've ever read anything about him he always wanted to be black, in a bluesy way like Buddy Guy and others of the time in Texas. SRV is number one.
    phoenixrush
    zacky gates wrote: WTF...STEVIE DIDN'T DIE CAUSE OF DRUGS.....he was clean when he died in a HELICOPTER CRASH!!!!! don't you DARE tell me that one of the greatest guitarist s EVER died cause o drugs and alcohol....
    You are a moron! He said it was made AFTER his BRUSH with death because of alcohol and drugs. Learn to read haha
    phoenixrush
    Oops. sorry zacky gates I read your last post, ok my previous comment is now directed towards Guitar 21939 for being a dumbass