Live At Montreux 1982 And 1985 [DVD] review by Stevie Ray Vaughan

• Released: Sep 14, 2004
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 10
Stevie Ray Vaughan: Live At Montreux 1982 And 1985 [DVD]

Ok this is deffeinetly somthing any guitarist needs to own, it stunned me within the first 5 minuts of watching it. The band sounded great! Its actually a two disc set of nothing but onstage woopass! Stevie still didnt disapoint anyone at that crowd! There were several parts during this dvd that had me gritting my teeth in astonishment at just how amazing the guitar was.

Content — 10
The DVD had some awesome features like discography and some other bonus stuff that any true fan of Steve definetly needs. Its a live cd of Stevie at montreaux two different times. There were even a couple of songs that Jhonny Copeland came up on the stage and made you ears cry for more! There is even a live version of "Voodoo Child (Slight Return)" and man does stevie woop out the big guns! There were multiple parts that stevie played holding the guitar in different positions, such as behind his back, behind his headm etc.

Production Quality — 10
Most of the camera shooting was done with great skill. The Camera mainly focused on Stevie (of course). The sound quality was perfect, there were even some times that i would turn the TV off and just lay on my bed and attach a pair of head phones to my sound system and just listen to the music. As far as ive seen the concert is a complete mindblowing experience. I dont really know what technologies were used in this but there were multiple times in which you can truly see the music pouring out of ole Stevie's soul.

Nothing compares to this, this is the perfect present to ANY guitarist. Its a 2 disc set that comes packed with hours of pure Stevie. The only thing i didnt like about it was on the second disc, during "Pride And Joy" the guitar solo is turned into an Organ Solo! But other than that it was a great DVD and if someone were to steal it i would deffinetly go and buy it! Altogether it was deffeinetly woth the money and all performers did a mindblowing job!