The Essential Stevie Ray Vaughan review by Stevie Ray Vaughan

• Released: Oct 1, 2002
Stevie Ray Vaughan: The Essential Stevie Ray Vaughan

This is a great blues cd, it takes everything that muddy waters, B.B King, Jimi Hendrix, Chuck Berry, Howlin' Wolf, Lightning Hopkins and Buddy Guy did and turned into something even better. This 2 cd set is a great collection of Stevie's hits and more. He plays great blues guitar, and takes it to the next level. It is probably the best guitar cd I own. There is also a stream of great live tracks on this cd, whisch makes it sound better.

On this cd this is a good amount of covers, for example Voodoo Chile, Mary Had A Little Lamb, The Sky Is Crying, and Little Wing. Most of the songs seem to be about his relationship with a girl. Like Lenny, the instrumental that he wrote for his wife. Then, there's Life by the Drop a song that doyle Bramhall, Stevie's friend wrote for him about Vaughan's drinking habit's. Life By The Drop is a great slow acoustic blues song. Stevie Ray Vaughan can also do some amzing things on the guitar while simging at the same time.

This is one of my favourite cd's by my favourite guitarist, it's one of the best in my collection. The most impressive somgs from the album are probably Lovestruck Baby, Pride And Joy, lenny, Scuttle Buttin', Voodoo Chile, Come On, Life Without You, The House Is Rockin', Crossfire and Life By The Drop. What I love about this Cd is most of the songs are different from each other so it is interesting to listen right through. If it were stolen I would definitley buy it again.