Of Love And Lunacy review by Still Remains

• Released: May 3, 2005
Still Remains: Of Love And Lunacy

Still Remains' deubut album "Of Love And Lunacy" is simply mindblowing. Blending heavy guitar riffs with keyboard melodys, the band create something truly special. This is especially true on the song "White Walls" which has an intro which is too good to describe, you just have to hear it for yourself.

Esentially, the singer has a growling voice although there are certain more melodic sections of vocals. Every member of the band are Christian although this only effects the lyrics in a few songs (and it's hardly noticable anyway); for example "Oh God we feel your spirt, shining, down on us".

Still Remains have been labeled as Metalcore although they tend to stray from the stereotypical sound of a Metalcore band which lends them a deal of originality. Although it is hard to choose, the most impressive songs on the album would have to be "The Worst Is Yet To Come," "White Walls," "Recovery," "I Can Revive Him With My Own Hands." I would have to say the weakest song on the album is the final track "Blossom, The Witch", I'm not saying it is a bad song but it's just not quite as good as all the others. "I Can Revive Him With My Own Hands" is a remake from the song of the same name from their debut EP "If Love Was Born To Die". The EP version is much better so if possible pick up a copy of the EP. It also has the old version of "Recovery" on, although I have not heard it. If you are a fan of heavy yet melodic music this album is definatly for you.

cheese_weasel
    This is a very good album. The blend of the guitars and then the melodic keyboards is brilliant.
    mr. riff
    Still Remains rock! I saw them live and they were easily the one of the best live bands I've seen. Great album. Definitely not your stereotypical metalcore.
    Insolent
    They're much better than most metalcore bands. When I listen to this album I hear alot more than just palm muted riffing the whole time...
    trivium_rule_11
    the lead singer does all of the growling and the rythme guitarist does all of the melodic singing for the band!! who gives a sh*t they sound fu*en awesome
    6sic6_blank
    One of the best albums I've heard in my time, I can't wait for the next. The way the singer and screamer(Church and T.J) Can blend their vocals together is amazing.