Of Love And Lunacy review by Still Remains

• Released: May 3, 2005
Still Remains: Of Love And Lunacy

Blending metalcore riffs with synthesised melodies sounds almost impossible, but Still Remains pull it off beautifully. The guitar work is flawless and the keyboard parts make sure that there is not a dull moment. After getting over the mediocre screaming (compared with the likes of Killswitch Engage and others), I now love every note of this masterpiece that is 'Of Love and Lunacy'.

The screaming could be improved, but on the scale of things, it's a minor blip on the radar. The actual singing compliments the sound and overall feel fantastically. Of the actual lyrics themselves; I'm not sure, I buy music for the music and ability of the band to pull off something awesome. Therefore, I have not focussed on the lyrics enough to comment.

As new boys on the block, they pull a pretty hard punch compared with older bands. Their sound, vocals, playing are all superb. There is little more that could be asked for. I honestly cannot fault this album at all. Song to look out for include 'White Walls' and 'The Worst is Yet to Come'. However, There isn't a single song on there I don't like.