Of Love And Lunacy review by Still Remains

• Released: May 3, 2005
Still Remains: Of Love And Lunacy

I want to say this album sounds like a symphonic metal armageddon. When everything explodes in the first track, you know you're in for a ride right then and there. The guitars sound good and have a nice heavy tone, and when they get to "The Worst Is Yet to Come", they just go crazy. The drummer I must say has some mad skills, and the addition of a keyboardist adds to the feeling of the music almost making it sound like Dimmu Borgir.

Not much to say here. I wasn't really impressed with the vocal style of the singer but he held his own all the same. The lyrics are very undistinguishable and hard to hear at times. Sometimes you hear one phrase and then another that is just sort of jumbled in on top of it and they seem to make no sense. The lyrics from "TWIYTC" are probably the best followed by Kelsey.

Still Remains could be compared with just about anyone in their genre of metal which really doesn't give them a lot of individuality. It kind of makes them blend in with their surroundings. Unlike Opeth who stand out marvelously in the symphonic death metal area. The songs on this album are fun to listen to every once in awhile but they wouldn't be on top of the list of my songs most likely to listen to. I thought it was a pretty impressive debut however. Best songs: The Worst is Yet to Come, White Walls, Kelsey.