The Dream Of The Blue Turtles review by Sting

• Released: Jun 1, 1985
Sting: The Dream Of The Blue Turtles

Sting and his band have a very smooth pop sound, with deeper political commentaries in some of the songs. Unfortunately, the CD was made in the '80s, so the politics are a bit outdated. For all the Bush fans out there this could be a good thing. Overall this is an excellent record, and those who dig the classic vibe will enjoy it.

More than half of the lyrics are political. A couple are about Sting's favorite theme of people not getting married. This is apparent in tracks such as "if you love somebody set them free" and "fortress around you heart." One really cool song is Moon Over Bourbon Streat, which is either about a vampire or a werewolf. Really good writing there. sting is obviously a good singer and he has impressive powers when it comes to controlling his voice.

The CD is a little less techno than a lot of '80s stuff, but is not as good as Bruce Springsteen persay. Moon Over Bourbon Streat really stands out, and really sets a good tone. One thing a love is the retro feel. Something I hate is Sting's obssesion with marraige, which probably stems from his parents marraige troubles (he once walked in on his mom doing it with the gardner). If it were stolon I would probabably buy something more new, because I feel I've plumbed the depths of this album.