Audio Secrecy review by Stone Sour

• Released: Sep 7, 2010
  • Reviewer's score: 5.3 Decent
Stone Sour: Audio Secrecy

Now, I'm not a fan of slipknot or most of the bands heard on most radio stations today. I do however give respect to cory taylor and his great voice. I'd have to say his finest moment was "The rich man" on the roadrunner united album, he did fantastic on it. But I just can't like this album no matter how hard I try. I'm not saying that SS is untalented, I'm sure if they really did try they could write some monumental stuff, but from the DVD it seems that they wanted to make a simple, radio friendly album. Every song just sounds the same to me and I just can't have that. Sure there are some catchy riffs and some good soloing but overall its all just one big letdown.

I don't even know where to begin on these lyrics. You can sense his pain and emotion in the songs but they are all about the same thing. "I love you but I can't have you, even though I would give you everything, I need you but can't stand you." Thats pretty much it, I know cory can do much better than this menial theme over and over and over and over.

Well, I sometimes like to gamble on certain artists I've never listened to and most of the time I am not let down. I have only been disapointed twice, but since buying this album I must add another to the disapointed list. I would not recommend this album to anyone looking for something serious to listen to. This is all radio friendly, simple music that has been done so many times over.

good_blink_plan
    Who cares if the band wouldn't be famous if Corey wasn't in Slipknot.. He is, and the band is famous. Stop with the if's and but's.
    the_thief
    longman240
    Didn't hit the spot for me at all. It's not what I expected from Stone Sour, nowhere near as good as Come What(ever) May or their S/T effort, some songs stand out, the first one that comes to mind is Miracles, but overall, a mediocre effort, from a normally good band.
    rockstaralex24
    Alright album. Not their best. I kinda like the Grunge approach, it kind of reminds me of STP... in some sort of way. Two things i don't like though. 1. The songs don't really show much identity, they pretty much sound the same(especially the chorus')... so its like one(sort of decent) song that lasts 17 songs. 2. Um, 17 songs and not one of Corey's poems?!?!?! No "Frozen"?!!! No "Omega"?!!! Or no "Silent Type"?!!?!?!?!...i was really looking forward to that :C :C :C :C p.s. Corey needs to release a poetry book, like just of his notebook. Id pay for that a world over!!!
    shred_wizzard
    this is what taylor should be focusing on, not shitnot. seriously, stone sour is pretty good, not great, but it has serious potential if taylor puts all his effort into it
    T7E
    fallen.im wrote: hey crazysam23_Atax, bet your top 1 on your list is justin beiber..?! hahaha.!!! do yourself a favor man, GET A LIFE..!!
    That was below the belt man. not needed
    NoInnerKind
    the_thief wrote: Pingis_Or_Death wrote: No, Melody + metal = Carcass. Average radio garbage + nu metal = Stone Sour. I agree. This band's not nearly as melodic as their fanboys wish they were. I saw them live and I'd say they do excel at mediocrity.
    Both of you smash your face into a wall and make the world a better place.
    Rockwave
    one of the best band ever ... 3 allbums - 3 different styles ... idle hands - made of scars - say you'ill hunt me ...
    crackhutch
    crazysam23_Atax wrote: Panasonic3 wrote: poopy review. he just defended them the whole time. This. Stone Sour is shit. Slipknot vocalist Corey Taylor, easily one of the most talented singers in rock music Are you kidding me? I can list like 10 singers who clearly have a much better voice than Corey Taylor. Wow. Really? He's a terrible vocalist!
    Just because you're annoyed by someone's voice...likely jealousy, but we'll just call it annoyed...does not mean he is a bad vocalist. Anyway, I absolutely loved this album! From beginning to end, I got it about 3 days ago and have listened to it almost non-stop since then. I don't know what it is about it, but I can't turn it off or even change a song! I think the songs are brilliant and Corey Taylor, as usual, writes amazing lyrics! I'm definitely going to give this album a 10/10...and no, I don't care if you don't like my opinion.
    Zakk-H
    Gotta say i really enjoy listening to this album. sure there are a few things that not everyone will like. some of it is a little softer then i expected. . Miracles is not so much a heavy song. got a laid back nice melody to it that i think is great. Corey show's alot of emotion in his lyrics. I think i like it just as well as the other 2 albums and i will continue to listen.