Audio Secrecy review by Stone Sour

• Released: Sep 7, 2010
Stone Sour: Audio Secrecy

When I first heard this album, I thought it sucked...but for whatever reason I kept it in the CD player in my car and it really grew on me. That was 3 months ago and now I can honestly say it is one of my favourite albums of the past five years. There is plenty versatility in this album. It goes from heavier songs like Home Again (Bonus Song) and The Bitter End to some really nice acoustis songs like Dying and Imperfect. And as all albums do today the radio-friendly song: Mission Statement. The quality and sound really blew me away and Stone Sour did an excellent job on this album.

Corey's lyrical and vocal ability never seem to let me down. He really got some raw emotion in the lyrics which I believe is due to the fact that this is the first album he recorded after Paul Grays Death (Correct me if I'm wrong.)? I personally think Corey did the best job on Imperfect. The lyrics are so strong and the emotion in his voice just gets to me. Overall, great job.

I have never heard an album like it before. Usually bands like to get one particular sound out of an album which Stone Sour definately does not do here. I thought the album was extremely well done considering they blended all of these genres into one album and it turned out great!

newism join
    metallica2354 wrote: crazysam23_Atax wrote: Are you kidding me? I can list like 10 singers who clearly have a much better voice than Corey Taylor. Wow. Really? He's a terrible vocalist! So he's number 11 then? Not bad!
    Where's the 'awesome comment' button? Hahaha
    SUICIDEXX666
    baspvn wrote: how is this nu metal? corey isnt rapping or anything?
    I agree with you who the **** call stone sour nu metal
    Mainer
    Almost had a chance to see these guys in concert. I was upset when I couldn't make it. I love Come What(Ever) May. I gotta check Audio Secrecy out sometime